About Dr. Urquhart
Dr Urquhart is not your stereotypical oral surgeon. Like many of his colleagues, Dr. U has an impressive resume of accomplishments and community service as an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon. Unlike many of them, however, Dr. U has a bedside manner that puts his patients so at ease that they actually enjoy their experience. Click here to see what his patients have to say …
Dr. Urquhart received his Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1992 and has been a practicing oral maxillofacial surgeon for over 20 years in Colorado, the Great Lakes area, and in New Mexico since 2005. In 2015, he opened his own practice, Urquhart Oral Surgery, where he has a staff of five and serves adult and adolescent patients as well as children.
Some of Dr. Urquhart’s Honors and Distinctions include:
- Top Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, ABQ the Magazine, 2009-Present
- Associate Clinical Professor of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, UNM, 2011 - Present
- New Mexico Mission of Mercy Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, 2009-2014
- Section Chair, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Presbyterian and Lovelace Hospitals, 2008-2011
- President, New Mexico Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Society, 2006-2008
- Excellence in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Award, University of Colorado School of Dentistry, 1992
When you visit Dr. Urquhart’s office, it feels less clinical and more like a living room with modern décor. And the staff, most of whom have been with Dr. U for several years at a prior oral surgery practice in the area, feel like a family. Nobody is eager for oral surgery, but if you need oral or maxillofacial surgery, there’s no better choice than Robert C. Urquart, DDS, P.C.